General Data Protection Policy
1. We respect your privacy
- ESD Simulation Training Ltd, ESD Simulation Training Pty Ltd and ESD Simulation Training Inc (referred to in this Policy as ESD Simulation Training) respects your right to privacy and are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers and website visitors. This policy sets out how we collect and treat your personal information.
- We adhere to the requirements under the Data Protection Act 1998 (UK), Privacy Act 1988 (Australia) and Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (Canada)
- Our websites are https://www.esd-simulation.com and https://news.esd-simulation.com
- We adhere to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- We are registered with the ICO under the Data Protection Register and our registration number is ZB0093595.
- ‘Personal information’ is information we hold which is identifiable as being about you. This includes information such as your name, email address, identification number, or any other type of information that can reasonably identify and individual, either directly or indirectly.
2. What personal information is collected
- ESD Simulation Training will, from time to time, receive and store personal information you submit to our website, provided to us directly or given to us in other forms.
- You may provide basic information such as your name, phone number, address and email address to enable us to send you information, provide updates and process your product or service order.
- We may collect additional information at other times, including but not limited to, when you provide feedback, when you provide information about your personal or business affairs, change your content or email preference, respond to surveys and/or promotions, provide financial or credit card information, or communicate with our customer support.
- Additionally, we may also collect any other information you provide while interacting with us.
3. How we collect your personal information
4. How we use your personal information
- ESD Simulation Training may use personal information collected from you to provide you with information about our products or services. We may also make you aware of new and additional products, services and opportunities available to you.
- ESD Simulation Training will use personal information only for the purposes that you consent to.
This may include to:
- Provide you with products and services during the usual course of our business activities
- Administer our business activities
- Manage, research, and develop our products and services
- Provide you with information about our products and services
- Communicate with you by a variety of measures including, but not limited to, by telephone, email, SMS or mail and
- Investigate any complaints
If you withhold your personal information, it may not be possible for us to provide you with our products and services or for you to fully access our website.
- Under the GDPR we use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter or marketing list. Any email marketing messages we send may contain tracking beacons/tracked clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of data such as times, dates, IP addresses, opens, clicks and forwards. Such data, within its limitations will show the activity each subscriber made for that email campaign. We will provide you with an easy method to withdraw your consent (unsubscribe) on any email marketing messages we sent to you.
- We may disclose your personal information to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, legal proceedings or in response to a law enforcement agency request.
- If there is a change of control in our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law, our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases.
5. Disclosure of your personal information
6. General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) for the European Union (EU)
- ESD Simulation Training will comply with the principles of data protection set out in the GDPR for the purposes of fairness, transparency and lawful data collection and use.
- We process your personal information as a Processor and/or to the extent that we are a Controller as defined in the GDPR.
- We must establish a lawful basis for processing your personal information. The legal basis for which we collect your personal information depends on the data that we collect and how we use it.
- We will only collect your personal information with your express consent for a specific purpose and any data collected will be to the extent necessary and not excessive for its purpose. We will keep your data safe and secure.
- We will also process your personal information if it is necessary for our legitimate interests, or to fulfil a contractual or legal obligation.
- We process your personal information if it is necessary to protect your life or in a medical situation, it is necessary to carry out a public function, a task of public interest or if the function has a clear basis in law.
- We do not collect or process any personal information from you that is considered ‘Sensitive Personal Information’ under the GDPR, such as personal information relating to your sexual orientation or ethnic origin, unless we have obtained your explicit consent, or if it is being collected subject to and in accordance with the GDPR.
- You must not provide us with your personal information if you are under the age of 16 without the consent of your parent or someone who has parental authority for you. We do not knowingly collect or process personal information of children.
7. Your rights under the GDPR
- If you are an individual residing in the EU, you have certain rights as to how your personal information is obtained and used. ESD Simulation Training complies with your rights under the GDPR as to how your personal information is used and controlled if you are an individual residing in the EU
- Except as otherwise provided in the GDPR, you have the following rights:
- To be informed how your personal information is being used
- Access to your personal information (we will provide you with a free copy of it)
- To correct your personal information if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- To delete your personal information (also known as ‘the right to be forgotten)
- To restrict processing of your personal information
- To retain and reuse your personal information for your own purposes
- To object to your personal information being used and
- To object against automated decision making and profiling
- Please contact us at any time to exercise your rights under the GDPR at ESD Simulation Training Ltd, Craigearn Business Park, Morrison Way, Midmill, Kintore, Aberdeenshire, AB51 0TH, Scotland or email email@example.com
- We may ask you to verify your identity before acting on any of your requests.
- You also have the right to complain to the ICO (ico.org.uk) if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data
8. Hosting and International Data Transfers
- Information that we collect may from time to time be stored, processed in or transferred between parties or sites located in countries outside of the United Kingdom. These may include but are not limited to Australia, Canada and USA.
- ESD Simulation Training has offices and/or facilities in UK, Australia and Canada. Transfers to each of these countries will be protected by appropriate safeguards.
- The hosting facilities for our website are newsletters are located in Montreal, Quebec, Canada and Seattle, USA. Transfers to each of these countries will be protected by appropriate safeguards.
- Our Suppliers and Contacts are situated in UK, Canada and Australia. Transfers to each of these countries will be protected by appropriate safeguards
- You acknowledge that personal data that you submit for publication through our website or services may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use (or misuse) or such personal data by others.
9. Security of your personal information
- ESD Simulation Training is committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
- Where we employ data processors to process personal information on our behalf, we only do so on the basis that such data processors comply with the requirements under the GDPR and that have adequate technical measures in place to protect personal information against unauthorised use, loss and theft.
10. Access to your personal information
- You may request details of personal information that we hold about you in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act and to the extent applicable the EU GDPR. If you would like a copy of the information that we hold about you or believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant, or misleading, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act or any other applicable law.
11. Complaints about privacy
- If you have any complaints about our privacy practices, please feel free to send in details of your complaint to the Managing Director (email@example.com) We take complaints very seriously and will respond shortly after receiving written notice of your complaint.
- When you visit our website
When you come to our website (www.esd-simulation.com or news.esd-simulation.com), we may collect certain information such as browser type, operating system, website visited immediately before coming to our site etc. This information is used in an aggregated manner to analyse how people use our site, such that we can improve our services.
- Third Party Sites
Our site may from time to time have links to other websites not owned or controlled by us. These links are meant for your convenience only. Links to third party websites do not constitute sponsorship or endorsement or approval of these websites. Please be aware that ESD Simulation Training is not responsible for the privacy practices of such websites. We encourage our users to be aware, when they leave our website, to read the privacy statement to each and every website that collects personal identifiable information.